Regular price $29.95, for a limited time, on sale for $25 plus free shipping!
This item has FREE shipping in the US and is also available in sets with matching DVDs!
Whether you want to build a solid foundation in your young horse or refresh an older horse's manners, this colt-starting program, featuring emotional training, is for you. It's based on techniques Stacy Westfall used to win the prestigious Road to the Horse colt-starting competition in 2006.
Stacy Westfall shows you how to introduce pressure to a horse in a safe environment so he'll be able to control his fear in the real world, thus building his and your confidence, and making him a safer partner.
In "Smart Start," you'll learn how to:
- Read your horse's body language to establish the communication necessary for safety and basic control
- Establish respect and build trust
- Develop responsiveness and self-confidence in your horse
- Gain independent control of his head, shoulders, and hips, which will increase your safety and ability to direct his movement both on the ground and under saddle
- Establish forward motion the key to control when you mount up
- Use verbal cues
- Despook your horse "
Chapter 1: Emotional Training
Chapter 2: Ground Control
Chapter 3: Lock in Place
Chapter 4: Sack-Out Savy
Chapter 5: Bridle-Wise
Chapter 6: The Science of Sadding
Chapter 7: Saddle Up!
Chapter 8: Ground Driving
Chapter 9: Bending for Control
Chapter 10: Stand-Still Mount
Chapter 11: First Ride
Chapter 12: Trot, Lope, Then Ride Out
Chapter 13: Have a Ball Trailer Loading
Please note: Additional shipping may apply if book is ordered individually and will be shipped internationally(outside the US). You will be contacted first.