This item has FREE shipping in the US and is also available in sets with matching DVDs!
Want this book signed by Stacy? If yes, please type recipients name in the box if you want Stacy to personalize it to them.
Whether you want to build a solid foundation in your young horse or refresh an older horse's manners, this colt-starting program, featuring emotional training, is for you. It's based on techniques Stacy Westfall used to win the prestigious Road to the Horse colt-starting competition in 2006.
Stacy Westfall shows you how to introduce pressure to a horse in a safe environment so he'll be able to control his fear in the real world, thus building his and your confidence, and making him a safer partner.
In "Smart Start," you'll learn how to:
- Read your horse's body language to establish the communication necessary for safety and basic control
- Establish respect and build trust
- Develop responsiveness and self-confidence in your horse
- Gain independent control of his head, shoulders, and hips, which will increase your safety and ability to direct his movement both on the ground and under saddle
- Establish forward motion the key to control when you mount up
- Use verbal cues
- Despook your horse "
Chapter 1: Emotional Training
Chapter 2: Ground Control
Chapter 3: Lock in Place
Chapter 4: Sack-Out Savy
Chapter 5: Bridle-Wise
Chapter 6: The Science of Sadding
Chapter 7: Saddle Up!
Chapter 8: Ground Driving
Chapter 9: Bending for Control
Chapter 10: Stand-Still Mount
Chapter 11: First Ride
Chapter 12: Trot, Lope, Then Ride Out
Chapter 13: Have a Ball Trailer Loading
Please note: Additional shipping may apply if book is ordered individually and will be shipped internationally(outside the US). You will be contacted first.